The internet is not a safe place. So let’s face it that our children are widely exposed to these threats, and more than that, a lot things can happen to them. And sometimes, these are events that we do not believe that can happen to our own children. Before it is too late, we have to put in parental control and practice child safe online.
As based on the article of PC Mag Keep Your Child Safe Online, there are different types of parental control. These are the traditional parental control, mobile parental control, and social parental control apps. With these available controls, it is highly rational that parents use these to ensure the safety of their children.
According to the article, the traditional parental control covers the simplest parental control utility and controls access to inappropriate websites, wherein parents have the option to choose. It also limits the time being spent in the internet, with set schedules such as the time of the day the children are allowed to access. But there are also advanced products that do so much more like limited access to games, instant messaging monitoring, and home router push control up to cover all devices. These are the AVG Family Safety, Bsecure Online v6.16 as parental control software.
In addition to the above, the McAfee Family Protection 2.0 and Safe Eyes 6.0 also store all the online configuration data. Parents can access this configuration information from any computer and immediately the settings are applied to all PCs that your children are using.
Some parental control formats are in all-hardware form. This solution applies web content filters and internet time schedules to all internet capable devices in your home. But on the other hand, it cannot provide a detailed level of control and monitoring as a computer monitoring software. As mentioned by PC Mag, Netgear Live Parental Controls adds hardware-based parental control with a Netgear router. iBoss Home Parental Control Router or Firewall is more effective than the previous and replaces an existing router. NETBLOX though is less effective.
For mobile parental control, you can use mobile control apps that you can install on smartphones and other mobile devices. Such is much more convenient to parents compared to router applications.
Best Parental Control Apps for Mobile Devices
- PhoneSheriff – The next generation of parental control software for mobile phones and tablets. After the software is installed, you can setup specific restrictions for phone numbers, websites and time periods. The software can also record user activities including SMS text messages, call information and GPS locations. You can view logs on the device itself or in a secure online control panel. To know all features please visit http://www.phonesheriff.com.
- mSpy – A powerful mobile monitoring software solution that allows you to track every tiny detail of your kids’ cell phones activities. This application is easy to use and boasts a wide range of features that make it the best cell phone tracker on the market. Monitor and spy on mobile SMS, emails, location, calls and more. For more information check their website at http://www.mspy.com.
- Mobistealth – Comprehensive solution to monitor iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Nokia and Windows Mobile phones. Secretly monitor cell phone activities of your kids and relay the data to your Mobistealth user account. View all Features.
- Highster Mobile – With Highster Mobile, you have lots of exclusive features for you to monitor any phone remotely and invisibly. You literally have complete access and control of the phone you want to monitor and the best part is, the application is completely hidden and works in stealth mode. View all Features.
- Nearparent – also has a locator.
- iHound Mobile Phone and Family Tracker – provides an alert to parents once children leave the safety designated zones.
- CellSafety 2.0 – also has an alert provided to parents.
Most of these parental control apps are available for Android and iOS.
For computer parental control, the applications prevent cyber-bullying and other dangers in social networking.
Best Parental Control Software for PCs
- PC Pandora – A powerful computer monitoring software that records ALL activity on the computer. Software as powerful as ours gives parents the edge by knowing EXACTLY what their kids are doing on the Internet. PC Pandora gives you the ability to view detailed screen captures and text-based data logs of all activity, so you can know everything that happens on the computer. Get Free Trial.
- SniperSpy – Unlike the rest, SniperSpy allows you to remotely watch your computer like a television! Watch what happens on the screen LIVE! The software also saves screenshots along with text logs of chats, websites, keystrokes in any language and more. Remotely view everything your child or employee does while they use your distant PC. View Live DEMO.
- SpyAgent – An award winning, powerful computer spy software that allows you to monitor EVERYTHING users do on your computer – in total stealth. SpyAgent provides a large array of essential computer monitoring features, as well as website, application, and chat client blocking, lockdown scheduling, and remote delivery of logs via email or FTP. Know more.
- ZoneAlarm SocialGuard – provides alerts to parents on dangerous Facebook friends and posts.
- MinorMonitor – monitors Facebook activities.
- uKnowKids – includes MySpace and Twitter. It shows all posts and pictures.
- SocialShield – monitors Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Google+ and FormSpring with the ability to show posts and pictures.
- SafetyWeb – it monitors on publicly available information.
- KidsWatch – it blocks dangerous and inappropriate websites and setup usage time limit. It also provides real-time alerts and reports of your child’s activity on social media platforms like Facebook. More info at KidsWatch.com
With the increasing dangers of the internet, it is helpful to use parental control apps. To name its benefits, these applications can minimize exposure of your children to:
- Nasty websites like porn materials
- Dangerous contacts
- Too much information that can be harmful to them
- Internet overdose causing lack of sleep
As stated in the review, without the use of parental control you are situating your family out in the open. Therefore, parents need to put in controls in their homes.
There are varied choices among the type of parental controls available in the market. And as stated in the review, iBoss Home Parental Control Router or Firewall is effective for hardware solution formats while mobile and social parental controls applications have varied options where you can choose from.
Great stats about cyber at http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/27/health/cyberbullying-online-bully-victims
Go back to Keyloggers.mobi Hompage